This website is run by Macduff Marine Aquarium (part of Aberdeenshire Council) and is designed to follow Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) guidelines and standards set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The site meets WCAG 2.1 AA rules.
We are committed to making our website as accessible, readable and usable as possible. This means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in most parts of the website up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
Technical Information about this Website's Accessibility
Some links don’t make sense when read on their own (for example 'here' or 'click here'). On some pages the same link text is used for links going to different destinations, so people might not know the difference. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.4 (link purpose - in context).
Some of our link buttons have insufficient colour contrast between the link text and the background. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.3 (contrast - minimum).
If You Can't Access Parts of this Website
If you can't access information on this website and need it in an alternative format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read or audio recording please contact us. You can also contact us by phone on 01261 833369.
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of our website. If you have trouble using the website or find any problems that are not listed on these pages, please contact us.
There are no items in this category.